Ford has announced that the next generation of the Focus-series...
5 Pros and Cons: Selling used car to car buyers
Sell your Car in 30 Minutes!
Selling your car has never been easier!
You’ve been hitting the open road for a while and may have even taken a cross-country road trip with your unique car, bakkie or SUV – adding more kilometers to the clock. But, all road adventures have to come to an end, and perhaps it’s time to sell used car.
However, there are many risks and advantages to weigh-up before you sell car to just any car buyer or dealers buying used cars. That’s why it’s essential to rely on a professional car buyer like CarZar.co.za, who can guarantee 100% free, professional services, and a convenient and safe transaction.
Looking for a higher price ? At your inspection, you can choose “Option 1” to receive instant cash in hands; or if you’re looking for a greater price, select “Option 2” to advertise your car to dealers nationwide for 48-hours and get the best price directly from the market. Book An Inspection Now!
Your second hand car is a ticking resale value bomb…
The more mileage you add to the clock, the less car resale value you’ll get out of it. And what’s worse, the value of your car depreciates as soon as it touches the road – thus, the longer you keep your second hand car, the more it depreciates in value.
There are many channels to selling used car.
Selling your secondhand car today is probably the best decision you could make during South Africa’s Age of Junk Status – luckily, selling used cars are a common thing for car owners. Most car sellers start with used car promotions aimed at car buyers, whether it’s a cheap bakkie you want to free-up, or small SUV or luxury sedan. However, with the various channels through which one can sell a car, car sellers can expect their car to be bought from a used professional car sellers, dealerships, specialized companies, intermediaries and private users.
Although there are many ways in which you can go about selling your car privately for cash to car buyers or trading-in to dealers buying used cars, selling used car to car buyers have its pros and cons – time-consuming rules if you want to sell car successfully.
CarZar.co.za has put together a list of 5 pros and cons of selling used car to car buyers through different channels
1. Site and ad reviews
- Publishing a sales ad will reach a large target audience.
- Uncertain times and results for negotiation.
- Stress about the legitimacy of the ad reviews.
- Risk of fraud, scams and theft from unreliable sites.
- Dealing with the hassle of consistent calls, meeting strangers and handling test drives.
2. Dealers buying used cars
- Trade-in your car for a better or latest car make, model and trendline.
- Receive a professional car inspection.
- At the trade-in, you can make a partial payment for the purchase of a premium car.
- Lower purchase price than average – dealers offer a trade price.
- By trading-in, you have less bargaining power on your new car purchase – which is, generally, much more expensive.
- You get locked with a dealer who wants your car but may not have the vehicle you are looking for as a trade-in.
- Searching for the right dealer to buy your car is time-consuming.
- Your second hand car must be in good condition, be a model that is not too dated and still required popular in the second hand car market.
- Direct sales after the second hand car value price is agreed upon.
- You get to draw up the vehicle sales contract on your terms – the contract should include the data of both parties, details about the ownership transfer of the motor vehicle, and relevant terms and conditions relevant to both the car seller and the car buyer.
- The hassle of preparing an attractive ad with photos of the exterior and interior of the used car.
- Risk of fraud, scams and theft.
- Dealing with the hassle of consistent calls, meeting malicious people and handling test drives.
- The hassle of researching the current market value of your car to advertise a fair, accurate offer.
- Advertising on online classifieds are time-consuming.
- You’ll have to handle all the documentation required to complete the private car sale and all formality issue that may come along.
4. Online auction platforms
- You get to score a good deal from the best bidder.
- You can avoid personal negotiation.
- Uncertainty of the auction result.
- There is no guarantee that the car will be sold.
- The risk of the car being sold at a lower car resale value than expected.
5. Knowledge circle
- Advertising selling a vehicle through word of mouth is free .
- You get to start with your social media, friends and relatives, who may then spread the word about your private car sale to their acquaintances.
- There are no safety risks as you encounter people you trust or you’re presented with people by someone you trust.
- You’ll be unable to optimise your performance, as the car buyer’s pool is limited.
- You might weigh into the car buyer’s expectations, causing you to adjust your car resale value to a lower price, in order to sell your car to someone you know.
- You’ll have to handle all the documentation required to complete the private car sale.
Why trust selling my used car with Car Buyer, CarZar?
Professional car buyers ensure safety and professional.
Have you ever considered, “Where can I sell my car online for free without worrying about time, convenience and all the safety risks and haggling?” Well, we’re guess that’s why you’re reading this article right now. But, check this out:
With CarZar, you can:
- Ensure convenience, safety and professionalism.
- Visit www.carzar.co.za and get a free online quote for your car in just seconds.
- Book an obligation-free personal car inspection at any one of our nearest branches or at your preferred location – our inspector will examine the physical, mechanical and electrical condition of your car.
- Receive a final cash offer after your inspection, and if you’re happy, we’ll make an instant payment into your account upon agreement, through a secure bank transfer.
- Relax and let us take care of all the required paperwork and formalities.
Why put yourself through the haggle and hassle of exhausting negotiations – placing yourself at risk of bargaining with unreliable people and waste your time with unproductive trade-in or private car sale proposals?
All in all, CarZar’s car buying services are 100% free, simple and one of South Africa’s fastest way to sell your car in the utmost of security and economic satisfaction.